Invisalign aligners prove that effective orthodontic treatment doesn’t have to be difficult. These ingenious appliances have helped millions straighten their teeth and achieve better-looking smiles, and they can help you too.
Clear Aligners at Endres Dental Care
Invisalign® aligners are custom-made using models of both your current teeth and the end result you hope to achieve. With Invisalign® aligners, you will switch to new aligners about every two weeks with each set shifting the teeth slightly—this continues until you have achieved your final results, which usually takes about two years.
You remove the Invisalign® aligners for eating, drinking, and cleaning only. At first, they will feel very tight, but they will begin to loosen and feel more comfortable after a few days. Use the button below to schedule your Invisalign® consultation to find out if this orthodontic treatment is right for you!Schedule an Invisalign® Consultation
Cost of Invisalign®
The cost of Invisalign® depends on the time and complexity of your treatment. Shorter, less complex orthodontic treatments generally fall in a range of $500-$3,000 while longer and complex treatments fall in a range of $4,000-$8,000. Out-of-pocket cost depends on your insurance coverage at the time of treatment.
We know that it can be difficult to fit the cost of orthodontic treatment into your budget. That’s why our expert care coordinators get creative when finding ways to fit the treatment into our patients’ budgets. Whether by lowering down payments or offering monthly payment options, we do whatever we can to help the cost fit in your budget.Financial & Insurance Information
Pros & Cons of Invisalign®
- Easier to care for your teeth. Since you can remove your aligners, you can brush and floss your teeth as normal with nothing extra to worry about.
- Comfortable to wear. Invisalign® aligners tend to be much less painful than traditional braces because the aligners are made of a special plastic fitted to each patient’s mouth so there are typically no cuts on the inside cheeks or salt washes to deal with.
- Discreet. Since the aligners are made of a clear plastic, most people won’t be able to notice that you are wearing them.
- Responsibility. Since you can remove the aligners, you need to ensure that you are being diligent and wearing your aligners for at least 22 hours per day.
- Aches and Pains. When you switch to a new set of aligners, it can be painful for a few days while your teeth are adjusting to the new aligners. However, this soreness should go away fairly quickly.
- Inconvenience. You have to remove your aligners every time you eat or drink anything besides water. Since it is also recommended that you clean your teeth before placing your aligners back in, this can be cumbersome for some patients.
Can I choose between metal braces and Invisalign®?
Yes! Due to advancements in technology, most treatments can be completed with either metal braces or Invisalign®. However, our orthodontists prefer metal braces for pediatric and adolescent patients due to oral hygiene.Learn About Metal Braces
Meet Our Orthodontists
Dr. Stephen Tigani
Dr. Tigani has completed an extensive post-doctorate residency program to become a specialist in orthodontics. He is also the past president of the DC Dental Society. He has had a lifelong commitment to dentistry and orthodontics.
Dr. Elise Tigani Endres
Dr. Elise Tigani Endres has published extensive research in orthodontic journals and completed an extensive post-doctorate residency program. Now, she finds joy in helping her patients love their smiles.
How does the Invisalign® process work?
To begin, we will take photographs of your teeth and face, dental impressions of your teeth and x-rays. Those records are sent to Invisalign with detailed instructions on how we want the final result to appear. Invisalign will scan the impressions to create a 3D model of the teeth and work with your dentist to get the mold to its exact proportions. Once final, the trays are made and mailed to your dentist office. You will wear a set of trays for two weeks at a time for approximately 2 years, or the length of time determined by your dentist.
Do you offer other brands of clear aligners?
Yes! Our orthodontists also use 3M Clarity aligners. This clear aligner system can only be used by orthodontic specialists, and allows for very accurate movement of teeth. If you would like to learn more about the 3M Clarity aligners, contact our office and we will be happy to answer your questions.Contact Endres Dental Care
Will Invisalign® make my smile perfect?
In most cases, yes! As long as your teeth are healthy, aligning them will likely give you the perfect smile you are imagining. It's important to communicate with our orthodontists about exactly what you are looking for so they can plan your smile perfectly from the start. In some cases the teeth can be healthy but their natural shape may not be what you are envisioning. In these cases, our dentists can perfect the shape, size, or color with bonding or veneers.
Who can use Invisalign®?
Most teens and adult patients requiring mild to moderate orthodontic corrections can use Invisalign. This includes patients with teeth that are crooked and misaligned or teeth that feature noticeable spacing problems. Invisalign can even help patients with minor bite issues—however, not all orthodontic issues can be treated with Invisalign. More extensive problems will require additional treatment.